Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Due Diligence: Coburn Caught on Tape Failing America

At first this story amused me, then it made me a bit mad, and finally just sad. This is not the worst instance of why our grand experiment is in peril, but demonstrates the point just the same. Because the truth of the matter is, why should a partisan like Coburn care about what happens in these hearings? All that matters is his steadfast support for the man the president has chosen. As I have said, I think Judge Roberts will be confirmed with relative comfort, but I hope and pray that these hearings and all current affairs in our nation, will make people give pause and think about what things are really wrong the United States and how we can fix them. I think one good beginning would be to make sure Sen. Coburn (R-OK) is not present in the hearings for the next Supreme Court nominee.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home